Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Assisi to Foligno

There are two ways to reach Spello from Assisi, the easy way and the hard way. The hard way sounded much more interesting even though I knew it would test my endurance with its long steep uphill climbs. But I started my real walk to Rome this morning, in beautiful weather, taking the left turn to head back up the hill towards Rocca Maggiore. The route was mostly beautiful, peaceful and cool shaded mountain trails. I thought I would walk the entire route without seeing another person. But when I stopped to tighten my shoes along came two guys from Austria. I ran into them later in Spello. They were speedy and had very few days to complete the trip to Rome. They were gone in a flash!

I got to Spello too early to stop. But I also didn't want to push it all the way to Trevi so I found a hotel in Foligno. It's a fantastic hotel and happily only a few blocks from the route. Hotel Relais Metelli. It's more like a little palace than a hotel. Reasonably priced too!

No comments:

Post a Comment