Sunday, April 17, 2016

Towards Greccio

Yes it was actually the wrong trail but I really enjoyed it. Most of my day was along this beautiful nature trail around a peaceful lake with only some birds as companions. It was a real treat. But when it finally connected with the road again I realized my mistake. Then I was faced with a rather tedious 5 mile trek along the side of a busy highway. But at least I knew that highway was taking me to Rieti, my destination for the night. I think it was faster than the real route because is arrived quite early. It was nice to catch a little rest. I've been suffering terribly with springtime allergies. Sneezing and wheezing has been very disruptive of my sleep. My poor eyes are bright red, constantly watering and itching. The Claritin I brought with me has not been of much help. I downed a big glass of wine with dinner tonight hoping it might promote some sleep. I seem to feel a little better tonight.

I loved how this trail was marked with the Tau of St Francis.

No comments:

Post a Comment