Wednesday, April 20, 2016

To Monterotondo

I loved this sign. I have no idea how I actually managed to see it. The two guys from Norway who left the cafe ahead focus breezed right by it. I tried to catch them but they were too far ahead. The section of trail that it pointed to was just as overgrown as the sign!

There were beautiful flowers everywhere along today's route. Wild roses and lilacs sweetened the air. There was an abundance of yellow buttercups in many places too. Most of the route was peaceful and filled with the rounds of birds singing. Still not a drop of rain for the whole trip. But it is forecast for Friday. I actually get to the outskirts of Rome tomorrow so may push a little farther to shorten my rainy day in Friday.

I loved this old ruined house. I have to wonder what it's story was. I wonder how old it was, who built it and how many different families once called it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment