Thursday, April 14, 2016

Spoleto to Arrone

Today was a trek of one spectacular view after another. First the very strenuous climb straight up the mountain from Spoleto, then rolling mountain trails for hours and miles until arriving 6 hours later in Ceselli. From there things were more gentle and winding through beautiful meadows of wild flowers along the Nera River. I finally found my way to Arrone.

Then I spent a very frustrating half hour at least trying to figure out where my hotel was for the night. I tried calling them but couldn't make myself understood. My gps didn't even bring me close. I located the actual address listed of the place but it wasn't even close to correct either. Finally a woman at the tobacco shop pointed to the building way up on top of the hill by the castle. I'm finally there. I walked down to the town later and got a small pizza. So now I'm ready to take it easy. I have my room for tomorrow and it appears to be a short day. These first three have been really tough. Almost 22 miles today!

No comments:

Post a Comment