Thursday, April 21, 2016

Monterotondo to Monte Sacro

Today was fairly short at only about 12 miles. I had considered pushing on to Rome but when I got here I was exhausted. It was a rather easy day too. But last night the allergies really disrupted my sleep so I was beat when I got to Monte Sacro. I found a hotel about two blocks from the church and fortunately a pharmacy very nearby. They gave me something that seems to be helping the allergies. So tomorrow should be a better day.

Today was especially gorgeous though through beautiful countryside. Wildflowers were everywhere. I followed a herd of sheep for a while and enjoyed what is forecast to be my last day of sunshine. I will reach the Vatican tomorrow, likely by lunch time. That will be an exciting moment. I'll spend four more days in Rome. I plan to also do the 7 pilgrimage churches walk on one of those days.

It's been glorious. I kind of hate to see it end!

No comments:

Post a Comment